Get started with nanoCAD
Lesson 23 - Layer Utility Commands
nanoCAD provides a dozen commands that let you manipulate layers and entities on the layers in specific manners. In this video, you learn how to do the following functions:
• Turn layers on and off by selecting an entity
• Similarly, freeze and thaw layers, and lock and unlock layers by selecting an entity
• Select an entity to make its layer current
• Move entities from one layer to that of another layer
• Isolate a layer by turning off all other layers
• Returning to the previous layer state
• Change an entity to the current layer
• Copy an entity while moving it to a different layer
• Toggling (walking) between showing only the current layer and all layers
• Merge two or more layers onto a single one
• Delete a layer and all the entities on it
Lesson 22 - Controlling Layers with Filters, Groups, and States
When drawings contain many layers -- and some can contain thousands of them, nanoCAD helps you control them through filters, groups, and states. Filters reduce the length of layer names by showing those that match only certain criteria, such as the same color or similar name. Groups create subsets of layers, such as all those related to text; you can then toggle the display of the group independently of all other layers. States save the state of the properties of layers, such as all colors set to black. In this video, you learn how to use the Layer command to create and use filters, groups, and states.
Lesson 21 - Controlling Layers
Layers are a powerful way to organize information in drawings. You place similar kinds of entities on their own layers, such as all doors on a DOOR layer or stairs on a STAIRS layer. This lets you to two actions: change their properties as a group (such as color or linetype), and turn unneeded layers on and off.
In this video, you learn how to use the Layer command to change properties of entities, move entities to different layers, change the status of layer, such as freeze them or prevent them from printing. You also learn how to move entities from one layer to another.