nanoCAD 3DScan is a specialized software application designed to work with 3D scanning data, primarily 3D laser scanning data (LIDAR), based on the nanoCAD CAD platform.
Using nanoCAD 3DScan, you can analyze and process large amounts of 3D scanning data (point clouds), such as:
- data visualization;
- calculations using raw data.
nanoCAD 3DScan features
nanoCAD 3DScan provides the following functionality:
- import of cloud points from popular exchange formats (LAS, BIN, PTS, PTX, PCD, XYZ);
- preprocessing: filtration based on different criteria;
- registration marks import from external sources;
- registration by marks and manual binding;
- quality control of point cloud registration;
- optimized data storage with meta-information (points classification , measurement parameters, scanned color), implemented with stochastic spatial trees technology;
- a wide range of visualization methods and the possibility of photorealistic mapping, variety display with multiple viewports support;
- construction of cross-sections, assigning of view areas, support for dynamic sections;
- integration of point clouds into the nanoCAD drawing environment;
- semi-automatic and manual data filtering;
- manual and semi-automatic classification tools;
- automatic identification of ground surface data ;
- creation of triangulation models, including digital elevation model (DEM);
- semi-automatic and manual vectorization;
- measurements of lengths and areas;
- direct volumes calculation on point clouds data and project surfaces.
Pic.1 Creation of point cloud cross-sections
Pic 2. Automatic identification of ground surface data and creation of digital elevation model (DEM)
In addition, nanoCAD 3DScan provides an advanced software API for creating custom applications based on nanoCAD 3DScan.
The main advantages of nanoCAD 3Dscan are:
- unique powerful software kernel;
- effective point clouds data processing up to 2.5 billion points;
- special methods for navigating through point clouds;
- dedicated tools for working with raw source data;
- full integration with the nanoCAD environment with ability of integration with 3rd party vertical applications.
Pic 3. Pipe tracing into process plant design 3rd party application
Point Cloud File Formats:
nanoCAD 3DScan is focused on solving engineering and information tasks using 3D scanning data in the following application areas:
- construction and operation of buildings engineering structures and networks, including search for collisions and author's supervision;
- creation of 2.5D drawings and plans, including topographic;
- machines and apparatus design;
- creation of three-dimensional simulation models;
- data entry into the GIS system database;
- emergency situations and ecological monitoring;
- transportation tasks modeling;
- execution of operational calculations, measurements, including tools for virtual surveying.
The sources of primary data for nanoCAD 3DScan are:
- three-dimensional laser scanning (LIDAR) data
- various photogrammetric software and hardware systems for obtaining three-dimensional data;
- bathymetric surveying and other remote or contact methods providing three-dimensional point clouds as a result of the operation.