nanoCAD 5.0 features
With nanoCAD 5.0, we continue improving our core software performance, quality, compatibility, and usability.
Here are some of the improvements you'll find inside nanoCAD 5.0:
- Optimized support for DirectX graphics. While we've provided excellent OpenGL support in the past, with nanoCAD 5.0, we introduce DirectX support. DirectX is the Microsoft Windows standard for high-performance graphics. It's widely used in computer gaming, and, even relatively inexpensive computers and graphics cards provide exceptionally good support for it. Also, while OpenGL tends to be fussy about drivers (sometimes requiring users to download new driver software to get the best performance), we've found that, on any reasonably modern Windows computer, DirectX support works great without any tweaking.
- Support for AutoCAD 2013/2014 version DWG files. Autodesk periodically updates (changes) the internal structure of the DWG files written by its AutoCAD applications. nanoCAD can read and write DWG files compatibly with versions of AutoCAD from Release 11 (released 23 years ago!), up to AutoCAD 2013.
- Enter mathematical expressions in numeric fields of Properties dialog.
- AutoComplete in Command line with more search and AutoCorrection options.
- LineWeight Settings dialog.
- Improved 3D Orbit and Free Orbit commands.
- Extended QuickSelect command.
- Multiline attributes.
- Change Text Case command.
- Want to learn more? Read the nanoCAD 5.0: What’s New document.
- Want to explore nanoCAD 5.0 Application Programming Interfaces, and to develop a CAD application? Join the nanoCAD Developers Club.
- Want to start using nanoCAD on your computer? Click the ‘Download nanoCAD’ button above!
*nanoCAD and nanoCAD Plus are designed for Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8).